photo by coachcoffy
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together crushed chips and melted margarine, then press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350.
- Beat cream cheese and egg in a food processor or mixing bowl until well blended.
- Mix in colby/jack cheese, chilies, garlic powder, and Tabasco sauce.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and spread sour cream over cheesecake.
- Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan by running a sharp, thin knife around inside rim.
- Let cheesecake cool before removing pan ring.
- Top with red bell pepper, green onion, and sliced olives.
- Refrigerate several hours, then serve with chips or crackers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Awesome! Used Fritos instead of tortilla chips since they are a bit "fluffier" and greasier so I only used 1/8 c. margarine. Used spicy Co-Jack cheese, an entire small can of chopped green chilis (always on hand.) I used 2 eggs so it would rise a little higher, and both green Tabasco Sauce and Frank's (half and half.) Didn't have any red peppers, but we love pimiento-stuffed green olives at our house so I chopped a few for the cheese mixture and used some sliced ones for the top. Extra yummy! There goes my New Year's resolution! I'm going to make it again for the Superbowl! Thanks!