Tater Tots Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 1/2 lb ground turkey or 1/2 lb chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- Brown your ground meat, and drain.
- Sautee onions and mix into the ground meat.
- Spray a small baking dish (I used a small loaf pan) with cooking spray, and spread ground meat mixture evenly on the bottom.
- Spread the mixed frozen veggies on top of the ground beef.
- Next, top off the veggies with the cream of mushroom soup.
- On top of the soup, layer the cheese.
- Lastly, top of the cheese with the tater tots.
- I probably used more than 2 cups of them.
- I also sprinkled some of the cheese on top of the tots.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- After 15 minutes is up, cover the pan with foil, and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- · This recipe originally called for 1 can of cut up tomatoes, and for the tomatoes to be layered on top of the vegetables, and the soup and tater tots on top of that.
- I left it out because I don’t like tomatoes, but I know others might like to add that in there.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty good. I followed the directions to a T except I added minced garlic and worchestire sauce to the sauteéing onions. I also added fresh diced tomatoes on top of the frozen mixed veggies as Kelly suggested in her recipe directions. The only thing I would change is instead of layering all the items, I would mix them all into the cooked ground beef, onions, garlic and worchestire sauce. I found that the layering didn't seep into the rest of the casserole which made about 1/3 of it a little dry. Had I mixed all the ingredients and perhaps added one more can of cream of mushroom soup to the top before the tater tots, it probably would have been better. I will make this again by mixing everything together so the flavors and ingredients blend together a bit more.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am not a very interesting person. I like to cook, I like to eat, and I love my husband Rick and my son Hugh. Thats pretty much it when it comes to me, that and an obsession for cats, especially our 2, Bunny & Bindy Sue. We live in Lake Dallas, TX, and have been married since August 16th, 2003. Hugh was born October 19th, 2009. Rick and I met on the internet in September 2001, and when we were married I moved from NJ where I grew up, to the big, scary, strange city of Dallas. There are things I like about Dallas and things I don't. I am definitely homesick for some real NY style pizza.</p>