- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 cup corn chips, crushed coarsely
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- Brown and crumble beef in a large skillet;drain.
- Add tomato sauce,chili beans and half of the onions.
- Mix well then bring to a boil.
- Once mixture comes to a boil reduce heat.
- Let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining onions and all the corn chips.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lettuce around the outer edge of the pan.
- Add salsa, cheese and a dollop of sour cream in the center.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made the taco casserole in my electric skillet. While browning the ground round I added garlic, black pepper, minced onion, and lemon pepper seasoning. After adding the beans, tomato sauce, and cheese flavored french fried onions, the mixture was a little bland for us. I added chili powder, cumin, and some salsa, that did the trick! Love the crunch the corn chips added and the lettuce was great with this casserole. A very nice basic recipe that can be adapted to your own personal tastes. Thank you Range Rover, we will be making this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married father of four. I love to cook for my family as much as I can. But is hard when you have a wife that cooks as much as mine. Some of you might know her as The Recipe Fairy. It is also hard for me being a law enforcement officer. But when I get the chance I enjoy myself for I am cooking for my love ones.