Swiss Steak for the Crock Pot
For the cook on the run. :)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cut round steak into serving pieces.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat in seasoned flour.
- Put onions in bottom of crock pot; add meat.
- Top with carrots and celery and cover with tomato sauce.
- Cover; cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really good! I cooked for 10 hours & the meat was extremely tender!! I followed the recipe exactly and just felt a little more seasoning would have been nice - I added salt & pepper at the table & it helped. My husband ate the leftovers with a generous splash of hot sauce over fusilli & really enjoyed that, too.Reply
see 15 more