photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 (7 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 large round steak, cut in 3-inchx3-inch pcs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Flour and brown meat in oil in frypan.
- Mix other ingredients together in 6 qt pan.
- As meat browns add to other ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Please thank you godfather's wife for me! This is pure comfort food. I love Swiss Steak, but hate the time it usually takes to make it. I used a round steak that had been put through the tenderizing machine at the butcher shop. I am embarrassed to admit I forgot to add the mushrooms, but it was still great. The sauce is very rich. Made for ZWT 7.
see 3 more reviews