photo by SashasMommy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whipping cream, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup, drained, reserve 2 1/2 ounces of syrup
- 4 ounces German cooking chocolate
- Whip cream until thick, add sugar and continue to whip until thick.
- Drain pears well.
- Melt chocolate with reserved syrup.
- Put pears in a large bowl, a glass bowl makes a nice presentation.
- Cover pears with whipped cream.
- Cool chocolate mixture, then pour or spoon chocolate carefully over whipped cream.
- Chill well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is quite simply an impressive dish, but so easy to prepare! I agree with the previous reviewer, either prepare 1/2 the cream mixture and chocolate or double the recipe! I did use pears in light syrup, but would recommend using ones in heavy syrup as instructed in the recipe, so you will have more pear flavor. I think I let my chocolate sauce cool a bit too much as I could not get it to drizzle like I wanted, it just "dotted" on the pears. I topped mine with a cherry, just for color. DH and I really loved this. I cannot wait to prepare it for company. I felt so elegant serving this (LOL)! Thanks Mandabears!
This was delish! I've never had Swiss Pears before, so I don't know how much topping is supposed to go on it, but I ended up only using half of the cream mixture (and just a little chocolate, but that was because I was trying to make it pretty for the photo.) Anyway, I think you could get away with either doubling the pears or halving the cream and chocolate mixtures. Of course, this is so good, you would obviously want to double instead of halve!!