Sweet Tomato Peppers With Little Smokie Sausages
This is a quick recipe using canned ingredients or fresh ingredients.I made a similar home canned recipe from this basic recipe. This can be served over macaroni or rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 fresh vine ripe tomatoes, chopped or (15 ounce) can canned tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 sweet green peppers, cored, seeded, diced, chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages, plain
- In large frying pan, add onion and olive oil, cook until transparent, add tomatoes or canned tomatoes with juice, stir in honey, barbecue sauce, sugar or splenda, yellow mustard, brown sugar.
- Cook about ten minutes on low heat, stir.
- Add green peppers and little smokies sausages.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over macaroni or rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved it... these were easy and yummy. A good way to inject more taste into smokies (knackworstjes)rather than just bland and boiled. It's also easy to put together and goes equally well with rice or potatoes or pasta. I will be making this again. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars. Thanks!Reply