Sweet Roasted Marrow (Squash) Wedges
- Ready In:
- 30 ml olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml sugar
- 1 vegetable marrow, deseeded and cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 190oC / 375oF / gas mark 5.
- Place all the ingredients except the marrow into a bowl and then mix.
- Add the prepared marrow and then coat.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and cook for 45 mins or until softened and coloured.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very nice. Tasty. Easy to prepare as well. I used 1/2 recommended sugar and it was sweet enough for me. If you have an older marrow with tough skin, it may be better to peel the marrow before cooking. However if you leave the skin on and you don't want to eat it, the cooked marrow comes off the skin very easily.
Very tasty! This was a very different way for me to eat squash (marrow). My family has always baked them in butter and brown sugar or maple syrup or served it pureed with butter and a sweetener. (I actually find their method of preparation too sweet.) Your use of garlic and olive oil really intrigued me and I'm glad that I gave it a try. I really enjoyed the contrast of sweet and savory. I think that the flavor of the marrow was highlighted by the roasting and simple seasonings. I'll prepare it this way again. Thanks Karen Pea.