Sweet Potatoes with Rum
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (substitute freshly-squeezed orange juice if you wish; it will taste different though)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Boil the whole, unpeeled, sweet potatoes until tender but not too soft-- it will take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on the thickness of your potatoes.
- Drain and, when cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Arrange the slices in an attractive overlapping pattern in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Dot with butter pieces, then sprinkle with brown sugar and raisins, if using.
- Drizzle the rum over all.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, until bubbly and glazed, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!