Sweet Potato Pancakes
These make a unique side dish at a Thanksgiving feast.
- Ready In:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, uncooked
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace (or nutmeg)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Peel and grate the potatoes and onion. Mix in the egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients together and add to potato mixture.
- Drop by large tablespoons onto a heated nonstick skillet lightly coated with oil and cook for 3 minutes or so on each side, until pancakes are cooked through.
- Serve with apple butter or sour cream and chives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love sweet potatoes and I really like this new way of eating them! They were fairly fragile to turn in the pan and cooled off quickly, as I found myself still at the stove while my family was eating, so we all were served hot "pancakes". Nice flavor with the nutmeg! Thanks 2Bleu. MERP'd for Photo Tag.Reply