Sweet Onion Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers (crushed) or (4 ounce) package townhouse crackers (crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 3 cups of thinly sliced sweet onions (I use Vidalia)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- paprika, sprinkled on top for the topping
- Mix together cracker crumbs and butter and press into a 9" pie pan.
- Place sliced onions into the microwave for 1 or 2 minute.
- Cook onions until clear or translucent and add all the other ingredients.
- Pour filling into the pie crust, & sprinkle the top with paprika and Chives, then bake in a 350° preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set, (slice able).
- This can be served for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
- We like it anytime!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Say Hi to my Toy Poodle Peek-A-Boo! She was born on Mothers day, 2007 About Me ~ I was born in Arlington Virginia. My Mother and Father both worked for the F.B.I. After I was born we moved back to Tennessee, Where my parents were born. I have remained here because of the beautiful Mountains! We bought a Home overlooking the mountains of Cumberland Gap Tn. I love to cook!!! Before I became disabled, I worked as a Caterer and as a Supervizing Manager in a Deli/Market for 15 years. It was my life. I miss it very much. I have learned alot about cooking and baking from my Grandmother's and my Aunt's.We do a lot of canning, things like Jellies and Apple butter, Chow Chow,Mixed pickles, Strawberry jam, Gr. Beans and Pickled Beats. And my favorite is the homemade Strawberry Jam. We have even had several Mollasses Stir Offs in the Fall at my Church & we make Apple Butter and Cider. I was raised in the Southeast and we love to COOK. It must be something in the water? LOL & If it involves cooking count me in!!! I Love the Food Network and all the cooking shows. I Have found alot of great recipes and made alot of friends from this Web site. Participation Awards: <img a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/Donna4566/kitchenexpeditionslogo2-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"/asrc="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/Donna4566/MAINBANNER.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>