Sweet (Banana) Fritters
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 overripe bananas (mashed or sliced)
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in one bowl (dry ingredients).
- Mix the eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter in a separate bowl (wet ingredients).
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Heat the oil.
- Add the bananas to the batter right before frying.
- Add a tablespoon of batter at a time to the hot oil.
- Turn over when first side is golden brown and fry second side until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle with sugar and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!