Super-Rich Virginia Crab Cakes
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
24 small crab cakes
- In a bowl, combine crab meat and bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs well and add cream, whisking.
- Add cream mixture, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion and salt and pepper to taste to crab mixture and combine well.
- In large heavy skillet, heat 1 tbs butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and into it drop half of crab mixture by tablespoons.
- Cook crab cakes until golden brown, about 2 minutes, on each side, and repeat with remaining tablespoon butter and crab mixture.
- Serve crab cakes warm.
- Makes 24 crab cakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love crabMEAT, however, in general I'm NOT a crabCAKE lover because the ingrdients tend to overpower the subtle taste of the crabmeat. This recipe is the first and ONLY crabcake I have ever tasted that doesn't allow the flavor of the crabmeat to get lost. Surprisingly simple and yet it tastes like sophisticated dinner.
I opened the cupboards tonight and didn't have much to choose from. I did have a bunch of leftover imitation crab meat from making sushi a couple nights ago, so I looked for a recipe that used crab. I just happened to have everything I needed to make this and I'm glad I did. These crab cakes were so easy to make and turned out wonderful! I was a little skeptical substituting imitation crab, but it still turned out really good! Thanks a lot for a great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.