Super Bowl Indiana Succotash
Great for the Superbowl. A Recipe from "The Little Mountain Bean Bible Cookbook" tweeked a bit.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces green beans
- 5 green onions with tops (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red pepper (diced the size of the corn)
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn (frozen or can drained)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- black pepper
- Cut beans in rounds the size of corn; cook with 1/4 teaspoon salt about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Saute green onions and red pepper in butter until transparent (do not brown).
- Add corn, 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, celery salt and sugar, then beans.
- Simmer succotash, covered, for about 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was easy and tasty--a great combo of flavors. I made it pretty much exactly as written, except for step 1--I cut the green beans and put them in boiling, salted water, but after 5 minutes they were already more than cooked enough. Next time, I'll cook them even less, but I do admit that I like my veggies on the crisp side.Reply
see 6 more