Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
photo by Sous Chef Bentley
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and chopped into large pieces
- basil, julienned
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked & drained
- In a non-stick pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, whipping cream & brandy.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just prior to serving, whisk in butter.
- Stir in the cooked bow tie pasta.
- Toss with fresh basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very disappointed in this recipe based on all the 5-star reviews. Used it for an event and also got feedback from a chef friend. Considering the ingredients, it was flavorless. Made first batch exactly as stated and when that failed, made another with the addition of butter and grated parmesan at the end. Slightly better but still quite flavorless.
This is a fantastic recipe! I made a couple of alterations to suit our palates and I think they worked amazingly well. I added finely sliced spring onions with the garlic and instead of brandy, I used a dry sherry. Finally, when the sauce was added to the pasta, I stirred in a small bag of baby spinach and allowed it to wilt and then sprinkled in some chilli flakes. Delicious, and definitely a recipe that will be made again! Thanks for sharing.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I love to travel. In my early twenties, I backpacked around the world for nine months. I fell in love with Asia & we've been going back ever since. Our beloved 13 year old golden retriever was our sous chef, Bentley would help us by flopping down in front of the stove every time we started to cook. We will miss him so much!!</p>