Summer 3 Bean & Barley Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 bouillon cubes (any flavor) or 4 teaspoons instant bouillon granules (any flavor)
- 2 cups quick-cooking barley
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing
- In saucepan, combine water, bouillon and barley.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid is gone and barley is tender.
- Place cooked barley in a bowl.
- Add beans and green onions.
- Toss with dressing.
- Serve or chill several hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Now this is a very, very different salad for my table anyway! Followed the ingredients right on down & produced a VERY TASTY side dish! Another time I might just add a tablespoon of honey mustard to the dressing to boost it up a small notch, but that's just my taste! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I only really have the better homes cookbook and some recipes I find along the way. Hoping to learn how to make impressive recipes for coworkers on a less than impressive budget!