Sugar-Free Apricot Butter
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 18mins
- Soak dried fruit overnight in fruit juices.
- If this does not cover the fruit, add enough water to cover.
- Next day, add chopped lemon [I usually add the lemon zest, juice, and pulp but not the entire lemon].
- Place in blender to soften hard pieces.
- Cook over low heat until fruit tastes cooked, about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add spices& simmer until thick, about 10 minutes longer.
- Pour into hot, sterile 1/2 pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch at top.
- Cap with hot, sterile lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes after water returns to boiling.
- If any jars fail to seal, refrigerate& use within 10 days or freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband and I acquired this recipe for our diabetic father. We did add additional cinnamon because we love that autumn flavor. It's easy to make and tastes WONDERFUL. However, it is important to note two things. One, THIS IS NOT A SUGAR FREE RECIPE. It's a NO SUGAR ADDED recipe. This is a very important distinction when working with diabetes. Fruit naturally contains a significant amount of sugar. Two, remember to remove the cloves before canning or serving. Whole cloves were not meant to be digested. They just add flavor while cooking.