Stuffed Steak Roll Yum!
This recipe is simple yet amazing! It may look kind of long but i promise i just like to make sure i explain everything. For this particular time I used two 1/4" thick top round steaks, but is also great with flank steak, I go with what's on sale. Sure to please the whole family and makes PLENTY!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
For the STEAKS
- 2 top round steaks (about 1.5lbs 1/4-inch thick)
generous amount of the folowing
- garlic powder
- steak seasoning (i use a montreal)
- 3 dashes soy sauce
- chili powder, dusting
For the STUFFING
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (11 ounce) can mushrooms (diced sm)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced )
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 0.333 (8 1/16 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese (can substitute to liking, 1/2 sliced thin, 1/2 crumbled)
- 3 -4 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- First defrost spinach in microwave.
- Brown up about 1/4 pack of bacon. I just cut about 8 1/4" slices down the whole package of bacon then they cook in small pieces that when is brown you place on paper towels to cool. While bacon is browning i chop everything and then the bacon is usually finished by the time i cut everything up and then i use the 3 tbsp of the bacon oil for the next step.
- Add butter and oil to small skillet on medium heat. Once heated place in chopped onions and garlic. Let cook for about 2 minutes, and then add mushrooms. After about 1-2 mins add in the spinach, bacon (you can just roll the paper towel in a ball and the bacon will crumbles small), bread crumbs (you may a light sprinkle more), and the crumbled cheese. Mix all together and remove from the heat to cool.
- Lay out steaks and pound to thin out slightly, and tenderize. Sprinkle both side of the steak with the remaining seasonings (except chili powder), and soy sauce.
- Take the remaining sliced cheese and lay out along the surface of steaks. Then spoon on the filling and pat down, leaving about 3" without filling at each end. Then start rolling the steaks securing the ends with tooth picks. Then lightly dust with chili powder.
- Preheat the oven to 300. Place rolls in heated skillet to brown all sides, about 5 minutes totals, then place on roasting rack/pan in oven for about 45 mins (i tend to like mine medium rare, so keep in for 1 hr for less of a pink center).
- When cooled slice into 1 inch 'wheels' and fan out on serving platter. Looks BEAUTIFUL! (Goes great with a gravy and some rice or noodles.