Stuffed Pattypan Squash
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is in response to a request for a low fat veggie for tea time. Sounds good but I've never tried it. I think I will though!
- Ready In:
- 16 tiny pattypan squash (about 1 1/2 inch in diameter)
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs (about 3/4 slice of bread)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions with tops, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 inch water to boiling.
- Add squash.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain.
- Cut off stem ends. Hollow out squash; reserve squash shells.
- Chop squash meat finely.
- Mix squash and remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Spoon 1 heaping tsp filling into each squash shell.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in ungreased square pan (9x2x2 inches).
- Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes.
- Microwave Directions: Place squash and 2 Tbsp water in square microwavable dish (8x 8x2 inches).
- Cover tightly and microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Hollow out and fill squash shells as directed.
- Place in square dish.
- Cover tightly and microwave 2 to 3 minutes or til hot.
- *8 small pattypan squash (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter) can be substituted for the tiny squash.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp filling into each squash shell.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a very good recipe. Our family had never tried pattypan squash before and my husband liked it so much he asked for it again. Too bad... my sister's garden is out of pattypan for the year... I made it with one large squash instead of many small and adjusted the ingredients appropriately. Thanks for the great recipe!Reply
see 3 more