photo by Elly in Canada
- Ready In:
- 500 g strawberries
- 500 g white sugar (warmed)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Wash, hull and chop strawberries.
- Cook slowly until soft. Do not add any water.
- Add warmed sugar and lemon juice, return slowly to boil, then boil rapidly until mixture sets, about 20 minutes.
- Bottle in sterilised jars.
- Don't chop berries, add them whole to pan, when beginning to soften simply mash with potato masher.
- This cuts first cooking to about half the time, and helps make a smooth jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Found a bargain today! Two 450g packages of beautiful strawberries for $4.00Cdn, a great treat on this very cold winter day in Canada! I used 2 cups of berries and 2 cups of sugar and the lemon juice to make a couple of jars of a delicious jam! So quick and easy to make and not too sweet with the addition of lemon juice. Nice recipe Tisme!