photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil or 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons regular soy sauce or 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Stir-fry onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and brown sugar.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and soy sauce and continue to cook about 5 minutes more or just until zucchini is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was an outstanding recipe! I was totally bored with my regular stir-fried zucchini, so I went looking for something that would be different. This was exactly what I was looking for! I used 1 tsp canola oil, 1 tsp sesame oil, and 2T brown sugar. The sugar, combined with the soy sauce, made a very tasty addition to the veggies. I'll definitely be making this recipe again. Thanks so much for posting, Dancer^!
Sophisticated taste, simple to make and the ingredients are very inexpensive. This recipe was so good that the restarants may be awhile awaiting my next call to order. I added small bites of chicken and two eggs so that I could make it a main dish for us. Thank you for posting this awesome recipe!!!
see 6 more reviews