Stir-Fry Chicken Salad
photo by Color Guard Mom
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 cups vegetables, for example peppers, carrots, leeks, bok choys, bean shoots, mushrooms, sliced into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a (preferably non-stick) wok over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in the vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Transfer the contents of the wok to a large salad bowl, add the salad greens and mix well.
- Whisk together the dressing and the soy sauce in a small bowl, drizzle it over the salad-vegetable mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought I would like this, but I think the mix of a cold salad (lettuces) and the hot veggies just wasn't my thing. I really love the hot part of it and it would be great on rice or noodles - even with some of the dressing as a "glaze". I used bean sprouts, peppers, onions, and carrots as well as the broccoli as listed in the ingredients. Still - it was a nice change and it appears most people enjoy it! Thanks for posting! Made for the Gimme 5 tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!