Stir-Fried Lotus Root With Sesame and Green Onions
photo by dicentra
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 , a whole lotus root sliced very thinly
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (about 1 inch long)
- 2 garlic, cloved peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups of roughly chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons hot red chili peppers, finely chopped
- vinegar for the lotus root water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Put the sliced lotus root into vinegar water as you slice it, as described above. Drain well just before cooking.
- Heat up a large frying pan with the oil. Add ginger and garlic, and stir fry until the oil is very fragrant.
- Add the drained lotus root slices in a single layer. Cook until the lotus root slices start to change color - they turn a bit translucent looking. Turn over and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add the chili pepper and green onions, and stir-fry. Add the sesame seeds, pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- The lotus roots should get a bit caramelized from the soy sauce. Serve hot or cold. This is very nice for bento.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!