Stir-Fried Green Beans With Pine Nuts
Stir-frying leaves green beans wonderfully crunchy, and the addition of pine nuts adds even more crunch! From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans, garlic, onions, and pine nuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly with a tossing motion, 5 to 7 minutes, until onions start to brown.
- Stir in soy sauce, pepper and water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 5 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION