Sticky Buns for the Bread Machine
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Combine water, milk and butter in glass measuring cup - heat in microwave until warm.
- Place warm liquid in bottom of bread machine pan.
- Add sugar, egg and flour.
- Place yeast on top of flour.
- Run dough program on bread machine.
- While dough mixes, mix sugar mixture.
- When complete, remove dough to floured surface. Cut in half.
- Roll half of dough to 16 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Spread half of sugar mixture over dough; roll in jelly roll fashion.
- Pour half of syrup mixture into 9x9 inch pan.
- Cut jelly roll into 9 one inch slices; place each into syrup.
- Let rise to double size; repeat with second pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried making these tonight and followed the somewhat sketchy recipe to the T. (I'm sorry but its poorly written..if I didnt have baking knowledge these would have been even more of a disaster.) After 25 minutes in the oven I took them out and flipped them out of the pan; the bottom of everyone of them was completely raw and soggy. I put them back in for another 10 minutes and repeated the flipping...still raw. Put them back in the pan with the soggy side up and put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes and now they are just destroyed. It was a waste of all my ingredients and time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a transplant to Canada as of 1999, orginally from south central Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Dutch country. I teach music in a private Montessori school in Ottawa, that capital of Canada. We live outside of the city in the woods with our three dogs. That's the newest pup in the picture. She is 18 months old. http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/230846/DCP_0357.JPG We have a lovely cottage on a lake tucked away from the big city. Give me the commute any day! I am a cookbook addict though I've bought less since Zaar has arrived on the horizon! My favorites have to be the Cook's Illustrated books - I really love the scientific aspect of food and how it all works! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">