Stewed Apples With Butternut Squash
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a heavy pan over medium high heat.
- Add the butternut squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the apples and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and sugar. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the cinnamon and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and eat immediately!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY