Steamed Chicken With Sausage and Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 4 teaspoons shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger juice
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 4 Chinese sausage, thinly sliced (lup cheong)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix shoyu with cornstarch, sherry, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger juice, and marinate chicken pieces in mixture for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; slice caps.
- Stir mushrooms and sausage in with chicken; put mixture in a steamer basket.
- In a wok, steam on rack over boiling water for 25 minutes with lid on, or place in a 9-inch glass pie plate and cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on HIGH for 13-16 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was nice. I had some trouble figuring out how to steam it, but it was easy once I figured that out. The chicken was moist. I felt like it needed more ginger or a touch of Chinese spicy mustard or something, but that might just be my taste. I served it with sticky rice and a vegetable stir fry. Thank you!