Squid With Peas
- Ready In:
- 800 g squid, cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350 ml white wine
- 400 g peas
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 ml water
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil for abou 2-5 mins, don't allow to brown too much or it will be bitter. Add the salt, pepper and wine.
- When the wine has evaporated, pour in the tomato paste and water along. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the squid and peas and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Don't over cook or the squid will be tough.
- Garnish with the finely chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making