Squash and Tomato Galette
photo by Jackie 6
- Ready In:
- Heat grill.
- In a large bowl, toss yellow squash and zucchini slices with oil and salt.
- Grill vegetables, turning once until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- On lightly floured surface, roll piecrust into a 14" circle.
- Carefully transfer to a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs and basil.
- Spread mixture in a 9" circle in middle of piecrust.
- Arrange half of the grilled vegetable slices in spoke fashion to cover cheese mixture.
- Place tomato slices over squash.
- Arrange remaining squash slices over tomatoes.
- Fold outer edge of dough over vegetables to make top layer of crust.
- Brush top with the beaten egg white.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Now this was a challenge. Turned out my pie crust was dried out so had to do a quick head to the grocery. Then working with pastry is not my forte, however I muddled through & boy was it worth it. This was great. May not look beautiful, but I will get better, and the taste was delicious. Not a lot of work if you have a decent pie crust in the frig. I served this with recipe#373153 for a very delicious meal. Thanks Kim127, for a great side dish. Made for ZWT5.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Molson 6/13/1993 - 1/2/2007 <br /><br />You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson <br /><br /><br /><br />PARTICIPATION BANNERS: <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg border=0 alt=tag /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Kim.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2417939508_a2fe6ca1d6.jpg?v=0 alt=Rosemary Herb for January 2008 /> <img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2418175268_0be79b1528.jpg?v=0 alt=Cumin Herb for February 2008 /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/garden%20forum%20sage.JPG alt= /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cinnamonchallenge.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2821533761_69a8a5ea82.jpg?v=0 alt= /> <br /><a href=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/?action=view?t=oregano1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/oregano1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/AdoptATag2-2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>