Spinach Salad With Sweet-Sour Bacon Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was my mom's favorite thing to make and eat for herself. I didn't appreciate it as a kid, but have to admit that I've learned to love it, too. Perfect with fresh from the garden baby spinach.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices diced raw bacon (1/2 cup Tightly packed, more is better!)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 10 -12 cups baby spinach leaves, washed well and drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted or 1/4 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- Cook bacon over medium to high heat until almost crisp.
- Add onions and fry, stirring, for one minute.
- Add sugar, stirring over medium heat until sugar starts to develop a golden color.
- Add the vinegar and stock, season with salt and pepper, and bring back to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately pour over spinach leaves in a large bowl.
- Toss to coat spinach evenly and serve.
- Sprinkle nuts or seeds over each serving, to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION