Spicy Vinegar Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 roasting chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- garam masala (Two pinch)
- cumin powder (pinch)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- coriander (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Add salt, ginger paste and garlic paste to the chicken and marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Saute onions and add the cinnamon stick.
- Add marinated chicken into the sauted onions and cooked until all the chicken pieces have turned opaque.
- Mix all the spices in a bowl and create paste by adding a little water. Add the mixture to the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and rest of the water to the chicken and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped coriander and cook with the lid open until gravy is thick and dry. Serve hot with Basmati Rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This chicken dish is not really that hot or spicy, but very, very sour. As it's written, we were not able to eat it because of the sourness and I added some sugar to counter it. Once sugar was added to our taste - I can handle sour fine normally. I used all the ingredients stated but braised it for about 35 minutes to mellow the taste a bit. The braising mellowed the taste and made for good dish. Thank you Chef for posting. Made for Asian forum's unrated Asian recipe tag.