Spicy Vegetable Hoagie
This is something I came up with when I didn't know what else to have, and I knew that I didn't want anything with meat. You can adjust this to more servings. If you don't like jalapeño peppers, you can use another kind.
- Ready In:
- 1 hoagie roll
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup sliced jalapeno (or pepper of your choice. If you use bell pepper, it should be diced or minced)
- 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices cheddar cheese
- italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place hoagie roll in center of foil (12x12 for one hoagie). Bring up sides of foil around hoagie. This will retain the hoagie's shape while baking.
- Layer vegetables in roll however you like.
- Break up the two slices of cheese and top off the sandwich with the cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 min (or however long you like) and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Made this for dinner last night along with recipe#146405. It really hit the spot on a hot night! I made some minor changes. I cut the veggies into thin strips as I felt the other way might be too messy. Used the cheddar cheese. Also I took the inner part of the roll out to cut the calories some...it worked very well.