Spicy Sushi Sauce
This is Japan's answer to McDonald's special sauce. Is this what you get with your sushi at a Japanese restaurant? If not, it shoud be! Adapted from Joni Marie. She has some great and creative recipes.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use vegan mayo to make this sauce vegan)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Use for sushi, and everything else you can think of. Adding a touch of agave syrup or honey will make this into a whole other sauce, which is good too! Enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
There's no reason to restrict this lovely sauce to sushi! I put some on a sandwich, and it was wonderful. The creaminess of the mayonnaise, the spice of the Sriracha, and the nutty flavor of the sesame oil were a perfect combination. I halved the recipe, and now I wish I'd made the whole thing! Thanks for posting!1Reply
What a nice versatile sauce. I don%u2019t eat Sushi but thought this might be good on veggies which it was and we both thought the sesame oil was a great touch. Made as written using the full two tablespoons of Sriracha sauce and will be trying the honey option listed at the bottom of the recipe tomorrow with the remaining sauce. Thanks for the post.2Reply
see 8 more