Spicy Shrimp & Angel Hair Pasta
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, deveined but not peeled (about 16)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, halved
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the butter, garlic and cayenne.
- Cook until the garlic is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, raise the heat to high, and cook until reduced by half.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir in 2 tbl.
- of the parsley.
- Pour the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Add the salt and toss everything to coat evenly.
- Grill the shrimp over high heat (or you can cook in a skillet on the stove, but they are better on the grill), turning once, until just cooked and opaque, about 3-4 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al-dente.
- Drain and toss with the olive oil, parmesan and remaining parsley.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and squeeze the lemon over them.
- To serve, put a bed of pasta on each plate and top with 4 large shrimp, and a sprig of parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The shrimp were incredible! Though I did let them marinate for a few minutes before grilling. I was looking for a recipe last night for what I had on hand and that I could grill and this was perfect. I adjusted the amount of angel hair to have 8 oz (though I halfed the recipe) so I could have used more olive oil, parmesan, lemon but that was my own fault!