Spicy Sesame Noodles
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine
- sesame oil
- 1 bunch green onion, cut 1-inch diagonally and blanched
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese pea pod, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch diagonally and blanched
- 1 red pepper, cut julienne
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (optional)
- Cook linguine al dente in boiling, salted water.
- Drain and sprinkle lightly with sesame oil to prevent sticking. Cool.
- Add green onion, broccoli, pea pods. asparagus and red pepper.
- Too to mix.
- Mix together Dijon chili mayonnaise ingredients.
- Add mixture to linguine and mix thoroughly.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Teresa I always enjoy your recipe and this tasty tasty dish is no exception. I am trying to eat more salad. With recipes like this it won't be a hardship. Made as written and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the fresh raw vegetables and the delicious mayo. I'll be enjoying this often this summer. Thanks so much for sharing, made for Went to Market tag game 2017.
This is a great recipe and I was able to put it together very quickly by cutting up all the veggies while I was waiting for the water to come to a boil and the pasta to cook. It says that the sauce is a Dijon Chili Mayo but I can't imagine adding Dijon to this (it wasn't listed in the ingredients) - it sure doesn't need it! I actually used 1/3 the suggested amount of mayo (low fat) and it was perfect for us. Give this colourful salad a try - it's delicious! Made for PRMR. Thanks TeresaS! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>