Spicy Salmon Poke Taco
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces salmon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (sashimi grade)
- 1 green onion, chopped 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
Ingredients for the Poke Taco
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, for shallow fry
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons japanese mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large avocado, finely diced
Ingredients for the Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup japanese mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (such as Srirachachi)
To prepare the Spicy Salmon Poke:
- In a medium, whisk together the green onion, onion, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, and Sriracha. Then, gently toss the salmon in the sauce to coat, refrigerate until ready to use.
To Prepare the Poke Taco:
- In a small skillet, heat 1/4-inch of vegetable oil over medium low heat until oil reaches 350F degree. Slightly fold the wonton to create a 1-inch wide flat bottom. Carefully hold the top corners of the wonton wrapper and fry the bottom for 5 seconds. Then, lay it flat to fry the 2 sides of the wonton wrapper. Use a pair of chopsticks or tongs to keep the “taco” shape open during frying. Fry all sides until golden brown and crispy. Drain on clean kitchen paper towel. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss crab meat, Japanese Mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and green onion together.
To prepare the spicy Mayo:
- In a small bowl, stir the two ingredients together until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place 2 spoonful of crab meat mixture on the bottom of the fried wonton. Top with avocado dices, then spoon the spicy salmon poke over the avocado. Top with Japanese chili threads and micro green for garnish (optional). Drizzle spicy Mayo on top and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!