Spicy Jalapeno Cole Slaw
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage, should be about 2 1/2 cups (can use red cabbage, or a combo of both)
- 1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olivado avocado oil (can use vegetable, grapeseed or walnut oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juice of, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (can use Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi powder
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, red onion, and jalapeno slices.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, and wasabi powder.
- Toss the dressing with the slaw, season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.