Spicy Fruit Salsa
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups peaches or 1 1/2 cups nectarines, small chopped
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, small chopped
- 1⁄4 1/4 red bell peppers or 1/4 orange bell pepper, small chopped
- 1 jalapenos or 1 other similar-size hot chili pepper, cored, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!