Spicy Tropical Fruit Salsa
photo by mliss29
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh papaya
- 1⁄2 cup sliced banana
- 1⁄2 cup diced pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup diced kiwi fruit
- 1⁄4 1/4 cup green bell peppers or 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion (purple)
- 1 habanero pepper, deseeded and destemmed, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils (juice sacs)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Combine fruits in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange and lime juices and oil. Drizzle over the fruits and toss gently to mix well.
- Allow to sit for 2 hours. Just before serving, add the pomegranate arils and toss well. Garnish with the cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passions include cooking, computers, and gardening. So, I like to, if at all possible, grow whatever I'm going to be cooking with. Which is one of the reasons I got involved in peppers, specifically hot peppers (Habaneros, Jalapenos, that sort of peppers).