Spicy Cajun Bacon Cabbage Slaw Skillet
photo by mightyro_cooking4u
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 head purple cabbage
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain, reserving the drippings.
- Slice the cabbage fairly thin. Saute in the reserved bacon drippings just until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes with chilis, sugar, and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, just until heated through, stirring often.
- Crumble the bacon and stir into the cabbage mixture. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I took your suggestion and served it with "Recipe#363680". It was sweet and sour at the same time. I didn't have purple cabbage, so it was not as colorful as it should have been. But when your neighbor gives you cabbage from his garden, you don't pass up. I also didn't have tomatoes with green chilis, so I used diced tomatoes and add some green chilis to it. Will make again. Made for Photo Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY