Spiced Red Pears in Wine (Crock Pot)
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 16hrs 15mins
- 8 medium pears or 6 large pears
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 orange
- Peel and core your pears. Then cut in half lengthwise. Put them in your crock pot.
- Add the wine (making sure your pears are covered), the sugar, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Zest the orange and put all the zest in your crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the pears are tender.
- Chill really well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Life without change is boring. And my life is never boring!! I don't know what plans have been made for us for the future, but I'm doing my best to enjoy the ride!