Crock Pot Brilliant Red Pears
photo by eabeler
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 3 (3 ounce) packages black cherry Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (6 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 15 pears, pared and cored
- In crock pot, combine Jell-o and boiling water; stir in cranberry juice cocktail, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add pears, turning in syrup to coat all sides.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn pears once while cooking.
- Best served warm with ice cream, but can also be served chilled with the syrup.