Spectacular Spaghetti Salad
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 4 celery hearts, thinly sliced (with leaves)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white & green parts)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- When spaghetti is done, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix salad ingredients with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very good picnic salad. I made this as written, just added extra scallions. When I think of spaghetti salads, I usually think of an viniagrette-based dressing. The mayo dressing is more macaroni salad, so I think next time, I'd use elbow, rotini or shell noodles...just my personal preference. Thanx for sharing!
You have a very satisfying salad with this recipe, which I cut in half for the 2 of us! Juggled things a little, using 4 cherry tomatoes halved & 2 of the green onions, but nothing significant! We really liked the dressing & will make it again the same way! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]