Spanish Potato and Egg Frittata
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced (or use half green and half red bell pepper)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream or 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional but good to use)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Layer HALF of the potato, onion and red bell pepper slices in the skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layering with remaining potato slices, onion and red pepper, then season again with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until potatoes and veggies are tender, stirring frequently with a spatula (about 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle the thyme over and then cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the potato mixture to the eggs and whipe the skillet clean.
- In the same skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the egg/potato mixture into the skillet.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese; cover and cook until the eggs are JUST set (about 10 minutes).
- Slide the frittata onto a platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley and capers.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for a great breakfast this morning!! I followed as written except that I had some ham that needed to be used so I sprinkled some ham in with the vegetable mixture. Then I added a cheddar/monterey jack cheese blend and did as Paula did and cooked a little more under the broiler. Thanks for sharing Kittencal!! Made for ZWT5!!