- Ready In:
- Pre-cook the potato. Microwave potato for 7-10 minutes.
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil over low to med low heat. Cook until onion has caramelized (apx 10 min). Watch and stir frequently.
- Add chopped (cooked) potato to caramelized onion. Saute another 10 minute until potato is golden. Scramble eggs for 1-2 min with dash of milk.
- Lower heat then sprinkle cheese over onion and potato stir and add egg mixture- lower heat again (cooking eggs slowly will make them fluffy) stir Continually to keep form burning. Sometimes I will remove pan form heat before I put my egg mixture in, then put it back after it cools down.
- Cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until eggs are no longer runny.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ehhh, was bland and not traditional. The authentic version does not include cheddar as an ingredient. Also, you are supposed to season this with salt & pepper. When DH and I go to NYC area for business, we go to this place in NJ called Don Pepe and they serve this in their lounge as "tortilla" fritata and it's incredible. I suggest seeing if their recipe is online.