Spam and Egg Salad/ Spread
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Spam, cubed, browned and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (more or less to taste) or 3/4 cup mayonnaise (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced (I omit this)
- salt and pepper
- Brown the cubed Spam lightly in a nonstick frying pan and set aside. Mix all other ingredients together. Mix in the Spam and season to taste. Chill. Serve as a side dish or top assorted crackers with it. It is also very good spread on top of toast and placed under the broiler until bubbly and the cheese starts to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this exactly as directed, even down to using the Miracle Whip. I found that I preferred it cold, rather than broiled. DH loved it, and asked for thirds. I would maybe like to try to cut the Miracle Whip down a little.....I found it to be a tad too much. Also, even though DH loved it, I found it missing something....an acid? More Pepper? I don't know....but I'm going to play with it since DH loved it so much. Thank you for posting PubRat.