Soy Poached Salmon
- Ready In:
- In a 12 inch saute pan with a lid combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and star anise.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- When at a very gentle simmer, add the salmon, skin side down (liquid should almost cover the fillets).
- Slosh liquid over the fillets and cover the pan.
- Poach for 6- 8 minutes, salmon should be medium rare in center.
- Remove fillets and keep warm.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce to half (should be light& syrupy).
- Spoon some sauce on plate and put fillet on top.
- Drizzle a little sauce on fillets and garnish with chives or scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Babs, this is the very first time I have ever poached my salmon...after the blackout, we were asked to conserve energy so our AC is off, it's going up to 85 today and I didn't want to crank my oven up to 400 degrees! Very fast and easy recipe. I didn't have low sodium soya sauce so I used the regular kind but cut it 50:50 with chicken stock. Also, added a little sesame oil to the pot and cut down the amount of brown sugar. Salmon was extremely moist. Thanks for a good recipe! M&Mers
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recent widow and am trying to find my way in life without my DH. I am blessed with many great friends and my sister and brothers who I love very much. I love to cook to entertain and feed my friends and family whenever I can. My interests are running, tennis and working out. I have a crazy little cat named Lucy who keeps me entertained - that is her picture you see on my page.