Southwestern Cowboy Beans
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- Sort, wash and soak beans over night.
- In a large pot, add all ingredients in no particular order. Breaking up the meat into smaller pieces.
- Add water and cook at a medium temperature.
- Cover, allow to cook 2 - 4 hours depending on the amount cooked, until beans can be pressed between your fingers.
- Serve hot with cornbread or tortillas for the best tummy filler there is!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I turned this into a wonderfully easy weeknight meal by dumping all of the ingredients, less the salt into the crockpot and covered with water. It cooked all day and when I came home from work I added salt and pepper. The sage and thyme give it a unique flavor. I served this over rice. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook! I love food that is prepared with love and a passion to make it taste wonderful. I collect cookbooks and have found that many of them are wonderful for one thing and not for another. I love to get new recipes and share my ideas for that one little twist that makes a recipe even better. I love to learn other people's recipes and little twists, learning is a plus for anything.</p> <p> </p>