Southwest Style Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers - Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium green bell peppers, washed, cored and seeded
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, rice, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and salt; mix well.
- Fill each pepper with about 1 cup of the vegetable mixture.
- Place in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good, but I think it definitely needs some more flavors to balance out all those tomatoes! I threw in some cumin and extra salt before cooking, but at the table we ended up adding garlic powder and more salt. Maybe we just like things extra spicy? I followed Doreen's advice and boiled and baked the peppers--worked nicely!
These stuffed peppers were very good! Instead of making them in a crockpot, I made them in the oven. After I washed, cored and seeded the peppers, I placed them, uncovered, in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained them, and sprinkled the insides with salt. Then I stuffed them and baked them, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 35 min. Yum!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, there! Thanks a bunch for stopping by. Before I tell you a little about myself, I'd like to start out with a GREAT BIG Thank You to all those who have taken the time to prepare, review and/or photograph my recipes. I wish I could thank each and every one of you personally, but without PM I'm unable to do so. Please know that your reviews and comments are very much appreciated! DH and I are semi-retired and loving it! The kids are grown and on their own, so we've got enough spare time to do the things we really love doing. We enjoy spending time with our four grandkids (pictured above), and also like camping, fishing and boating. As a hobby, we're into woodcrafting and participate in local craft shows and community fairs. We're also both active and involved in our church.