Bean and Rice Stuffed Red Bell Peppers - Crock Pot
Delicious and simple, make-ahead vegetarian meal. This was made for our Father's Day dinner this year. My father LOVES stuffed peppers, so my mother made this meatless version so I could eat them too! Cook time depends on the heat level setting of your crock pot.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 6 medium red peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian chili
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- low-fat sour cream, for serving
- Remove the tops, membranes and seeds from the red peppers.
- Stir together rice, chili, and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Spoon into the peppers.
- Pour the diced tomatoes and juice into a 5-6 quart crock pot.
- Placed stuffed peppers filled side up into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Scoop out peppers to a serving plate, spoon tomato sauce from the bottom of the crock pot over the peppers, and top with remaining grated cheese.
- Serve with sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were really tasty and smelled amazing in the oven (I didn't use a crockpot). I used Original Rotel tomatoes and they were too spicy for my young son, so next time I'll look for mild. I doubled the recipe and filled six medium-large peppers. I used a cheddar-jack cheese, but in the future will use all cheddar b/c I couldn't taste the cheese all that much. I'll definitely be making this again with those slight modifications. Thanks for a keeper!Reply
This Is Recipe is AWESOME!! Thanks For Posting, I was really looking for use for som chili leftovers and it worked Great! **A Little Suggestion: My mom said that it is better to heat some water and put the pepper in therefor 5 min. and then remove the inside stuff. That way u don't have to put them in the oven for 3 HOURS!!, And after u boil them u peel the skin out and just fill in and heat in the oven for like 30 min. ****Reply